Thursday, May 29, 2008

ROAD TRIP

So things have changed in the last week. I am now in Virginia with Scott to stay for the summer. Scott's sisters came to Utah and drove out to Virginia with me! It was a LONG drive, about 36 hours and we got a little crazy during that time!The first night we stayed in Denver with the Goodmans. It was fun to see my brother in law Eric and his five kids! We had dinner together and got to see everyone preform! This is the group that stayed up a little late talking. Lindsey and Kyle didn't have school the next day so they got to stay up late. Kayla decided that she could handle staying up late and still do well in school the next day. We didn't stay up too late cause we left at 5am the next day. No one woke up to see us off... I wouldn't have seen me off either!

The next day we spent 13 hours in the car and ended up in St. Louis. It was fun to drive around where I spent my teenage years. Here is me with one of my best friends, Cyndi Speidel, and her mom, Lonie, my old young women's leader who was my second mom. I thought about driving by the house I lived in but decided it was better to go to their house instead since it was my second home anyway!

We had to find things to keep us sane in the car. This is a picture that Lanae took of me in the car while I was driving and signing to A Walk To Remember Soundtrack. Lanae and DaNae didn't know how to drive a stick so I drove the whole way. Thank goodness for cruise control!



We got really really really excited when we finally got into Virginia. We had to stop and take a picture at the welcome sign. We still had about four hours to go, but there was an end in sight so we had to celebrate.... So we stoped at Diary Queen and got Ice Cream!

So this is a picture of the Appalachian Mountains. At first we were a little confused, we were wondering where the mountains were and then we realized this was it. They are just a little different than the Rockies in Utah!

We totally got a kick out of this sign. We was at the last rest stop that we reached before we got to Scott. Now we are seeing it everywhere!

4 comments:

Meija said...

Hooray, you made it! Good to see your blog up and running.
"We are family, I've got all my sista's with me" (You know that song from the 70's?) How fun.

Cynthia said...

so much red hair on your sisters kids!!

Erin said...

I would just like to point out how sad I am that you stopped in stl and I missed you! TEAR! So jealous of Cyndi. Oh well. Glad you're with your hubby!

allex.m said...

That is totally amazing! Haha sounds like you had fun! I've been waiting for these posts! Took you a while! Haha just kidding.