Sunday, March 15, 2009

Basketball

Okay so I guess now is really the time to catch up on our lives. Well there isn't really much going on. Scott loved playing Stake Basketball! He had one or two games each weekend and I went to his games unless I was working. Here he is at one of his games.

His team won the Stake Championship and so they got to play in a regional tournament. That game was this last Thursday and they lost by five. It was sad because most of their team couldn't make it so they only had one sub. Plus the other team was the area single's ward, and their best player, who was playing his first game, started on our team this season, but he switched to the other ward recently. Anyway... we still had fun and Scott is really sad that he is done with playing basketball on a team until next year. This is a basket that Scott made!
Well lets see... Scott has been going to school. I have been working. We are working really hard to save money and our key is to not eat out. We have done pretty well at that... well except for this last week. That would be because it is the first week that I haven't made a menu for... well that will change this week.

One fun date we had was going to the BYU vs. UofU game at the Marriott Center. Matt got us tickets and we had so much fun. Here is Matt and Landon watching the game. Boys and their sports!

Here they are with Jessica... Chloe decided to play with friends instead of going to the game, so she missed a great game.

Scott and I at the game.

The final score... yes BYU WON! That is BYU 63 Utah 50 in case you can't read that. With the words to the BYU fight song underneath.Cosmo was wearing a shirt that I want. It said "I cheer for BYU and whoever is playing U of U!" It was fun to watch BYU come from behind to win the game!

Here is the team on the court celebrating the victory!Okay so there is the basketball stuff. Now the question is what else is going on that is worth mentioning. We are so excited that spring is coming. Today we had a BBQ and ate outside on our balcony. It is fun to have a view of Utah Lake from our balcony. We are getting excited to go to Virginia for the summer. Well at least I am. It will be fun to get to play, and I'm really excited that I convinced Scott to spend an extra day with me in St. Louis on our way out. I will get to show him around a little and hopefully we will get to play around with some old friends. I'm not excited to have Jury Duty in a week where I have to go up to Salt Lake for I think a federal court, hopefully they will settle the case out of court in the next week!

In fun news we have a new nephew... Brian and Meija adopted a boy just a few months younger than Amelia... his name is Roman. We hope to get to meet him soon.

Okay I think that may be enough rambling on for now. We are doing good and loving life!

2 comments:

Ana Lee said...

Good for you not eating out. We try really hard no to do that also...every now and then though. I need to be better at making weekly menus.

Erin said...

HI! so small world - my co-worker and I were talking the other day, and she mentions that a college friend of hers who now lives in utah put of a video of her kids dancing in the kitchen to the "move it" song from Madagascar... and since I sometimes stalk your sibs since you so conveniently have links on your blog I asked what her name was... and she said Jessica! and I said "Nix?" and she was like "how did you know that?!" so I explained that I was friends with you and know all your sibs life stories eventhough I've only met them a handful of times. So tell Jess that Traci and I were talking about her and enjoyed her video!

can't wait to see you next month!!!