Thursday, July 15, 2010

HOA Rant

SO you totally don't have to read this entry... this is just me getting a little frustrated and not really having anyone to vent to, so my blog gets to be the lucky person to vent to.

It may be a good idea to just skip this one...

I NEVER WANT TO LIVE IN A PLACE WITH AN HOA AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So last summer the HOA assigned a special assessment of $500... and guess what they did it again this summer! The monthly rate has already gone up once since we moved here, which I would much rather have than these STUPID special assessments. Plus they are taking away services while keeping the price the same...they got rid of cable but kept the same price... (we decided to go without TV, which by the way we are actually enjoying... we get so much more done and most of the things we really want to watch we can still watch online whenever we want with less commericials, and it gives us a chance to watch our huge movie collection.)
Back to HOA... ok, so I you might say that we should be more involved with our HOA and we know that we should... but we have only had that option for about 4 months since our complex is still under construction, then they plan the meetings at times like when we are having a baby or have already scheduled a guy to come and talk to us about insurance... plus the next meeting they gave a day of the week and a number, which by the way don't match up and there is a good chance we will be on vacation then....
We have now switched management companies 3 times because they are all horrible. They blaim the special assessments on the mismanagement of funds by previous management company and the fact that people are not paying there bills.... WHY AM I PAYING AN EXTRA $500 BECAUSE OTHER STUPID PEOPLE AREN'T PAYING THEIR BILLS OR THE COMPANIES DIDN'T DO THEIR JOBS.... GO AFTER THEM!!!!!!!!! Okay now the thing that actually triggered this rant... what tipped the scales... this probably seems small in comparison, but for some reason this has really set me off today probably cause I have no one to talk to... like I said it would probably be better to just skip this post. Okay, so I have had to call the current management company several times trying to get things sorted out. The switch was made at the same time that Adam was born and we didn't get to switch the automatic bank payment from the old company to the new one... the next month we switched it with our bank, and somewhere there was a mix up and a check got sent out to both companies... well it took forever and several phone calls to get the money transfered to the new company and get the money back... Then somehow things got mixed up and a payment was lost somewhere so the check that we getting sent out for the next month was being used to pay the previous month.... I had to call and send a letter with bank statements showing that we had paid every month and that they messed up somehow. Well today while I was doing the budget I notice that they have credited back July's payment to us... I called and they say they must have never received it.... NOTHING HAS CHANGED with our bank and it went through just fine last month. So it looks like they finally got the checks being applied to the right month, but now they sent back the last one. Now I tried to be really nice on the phone, I have worked in Customer Service and I know they have no control over what is going on... and there may just be a simple mixup to all of this, maybe something did go wrong with the bank transfer... but I am sick and tired and problem after problem and I don't feel like there is really anything that I can do about it. I HATE HOAs!

Okay now I think I am back to normal..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I read the whole thing! I completely agree and have gone on rants myself. I don't see why I have to pay for other people's stupidity or lack of responsibility. Send collections after them!
There...I'm done, too. :-)

Chelsea said...

How annoying! Let's egg them!