I had a very fun birthday this year. Adam had preschool in the morning so Scott and I got to go on a little breakfast date. When we picked Adam up from preschool we got a snack and then headed to the train station.
We had a wait a little bit and he had fun pushing the stroller around.We also found the fountain and made some wishes
Then Adam and Daddy watched for the train to come, you can even see it in the picture above.
Watching out the window
Little boys and trains...he couldn't be happier
Me and my boy
Outside Union Station. The street you see is Adam's Street! Daddy will walk down the street on his way to work and we pass it everyday out here as we drive around. Adam loves passing his street.
We walked down to the Navy Pier. On the way we passed the Chicago Tribune Building...(I think that is right). Anyway on the side of the building they have pieces of other buildings from around the world sticking out. This one is from the Mormom Temple in Salt Lake City....it made me feel a little closer to home.
We got to the Navy Peir and had to go on the Ferris Wheel. Adam has wanted to go since our first weekend here when we had talked about it, but he was too tired to go with the group. We made a deal with him.... It was his second week of preschool and he had an accident right at the end of his first 2 days. So we made a deal with him.... If he could go 5 days without an accident we would take the train and ride the Ferris Wheel. We worked hard with him and he made it! We are so excited that he is doing well. We were even coming home the other day when he told us and needed to go and we got stuck in traffic.... And he managed to hold it until we got home!
So anyway. We went up in the Ferris Wheel! And had a beautiful view of the city.
My happy family
Watching the water
Just chillin
Cheese! What a beautiful lake!
We finished the night by eating at Bubba Gump Shrimp. I'm not a seafood person, but I was I in the mood for something different. I had some shrimp and a yummy salad. After dinner we took a taxi back to the train station and the train home. It was a fun day!
That weekend I decided that I wanted a special treat. I decided that it would try to make an apple pie Carmel Apple. They turned out well and it was my birthday cake!
That weekend I decided that I wanted a special treat. I decided that it would try to make an apple pie Carmel Apple. They turned out well and it was my birthday cake!




















No comments:
Post a Comment