Friday, August 8, 2008

It's August?

Why time goes by fast. I can't believe that it is near the end of the summer. Well I know that my last post said that we were gonna be here until the end of Sept... but we think that may have changed now because the whole office is going to be pretty much gone so we're not sure that we can stay that long anymore. Which means that we may get to AZ earlier than we think. Hey we'll just take each day as it comes and enjoy the road together.

The news this week is that Scott has hurt his back. We're not really sure how, but he isn't able to work as much as he would like to right now. We are spending lots of time resting his back. He was home all day yesterday just laying around and he asked how I do this everyday.... I said the difference is that I know that I am just at home and I have the house to take care of and other things to keep me busy. I am excited to get to AZ and start looking for a job, I hope to be able to find something in the schools, but we'll have to see.

We had a fun date night on Wednesday. We went for a short walk in the park as it was getting dark. It was fun to walk around the lake and just talk. We also went out for ice cream. We went to Carvel... I remember that place from when I was little in New Jersey... I don't think I've been there since I was ten so it was fun!

I found this game to play on a friends blog, so we'll see how it works on here! It was a fun walk down memory lane with old friends!
Here are the directions:
1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you. If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, I'll leave my memory of you in my comments.

5 comments:

Jessica Crews said...

i remember back when we sat next to each other at work, and because some people in tech support got fired for abusing the privileges we got everything banned. we couldn't even read! me and you were so angry. i remember we called Becki over to ask her when we would get reading back, and she said hopefully soon. i remember to pass the time that day you wrote me a whole bunch of silly notes on purple post-its. to this day i still have those purple sitcky notes in my binder! you wrote things like "you have such a nice phone voice", "you love working at APX", "i am writing this with my eyes cloed, Becky" and "this desk belogs to Jessica"
anyway that is my memory. i hope you enjoy it

allex.m said...

My fabulous memory is coming in to talk to you every single morning before school. We would always go sit on the desks, and talk about random stuff! Another one would be sitting in class, and you would always come over and talk to me! Talking even including giving me the answers sometimes! :) Good times, good times. I miss you sooo much! Thanks for staying in touch wih me!

Erin said...

oh my, where to begin? what memory do I choose to share?! So many good choices like the trips to texas and hawaii (where we were in confined spaces for over 8 hrs and didn't kill each other), color guard early mornings & band camp (can't we invent the move where you run to the nearest judge and hit him/her?), and the fridgidness of your parent's basement in StL with the same couch that's in their basement now. Or just the random things we talked about, and how your family barely knows my name but I know their life stories and they might have thought I was a stalker at your wedding? One of my favorites is after you got back from your mission, showing me pics and telling me you were going to find scott when you got back to Utah and you were going to date him and you'd just see from there. Poor boy never stood a chance! lol. I think I'm going to go with the charter bus moment though. and the resulting Puff the Magic Dragon song. :)


miss you.

Tam on the Rocks said...

Is it fair to leave two? One of my favorite memories was sending you on your mission, and hiding all sorts of notes in your luggage. That was fun. My other really fun memory with you was the day before and morning of your wedding. Making bouquets, stressing about missing tables, waiting up until midnight, donuts and pedicures in the morning while your mom curled your hair and Michelle made the cake. Great times!!!

The Ballard Family said...

Becky! I didnt' know you had a blog! Too fun. This seems to be the best way for me to keep in touch and up to date with people these days! I love you so much and can't wait to hear all about how things are going for you.
Memories...memories...I remember you being the first roommate I met my first time away from home and you giving me the biggest hug ever when we met. I remember you always letting me use your computer and your bed after you left for classes in the morning because, for some reason, that whole summer I had the hardest time sleeping. I remember you STEALING my sweatshirt when I moved out so you could cuddle with it and not miss me. :) I remember how exciting it was that you married a boy from my hometown (what are the ODDS?) and that there is always that random chance that we could see each other every once in a long while if you come to visit or something. I like to keep that hope alive in the back of my head! And, also, was it you that liked to wear my Coyote Ugly t-shirt and dance on the brick walls outside our apartment? I know Noel had an accomplice and I'm PRETTY sure it was YOU! :) Love you, girl.