Saturday, August 1, 2009

Mom's Visit

So my parents were able to come for a visit for about a week and a half. It was so much fun having them around. They got in on Saturday and we spent the day shopping and relaxing. On Sunday after church we drove up to Williamsburg and walked around. It was fun to see the old buildings and walk around the town. We hit lots of traffic so it was a long drive.

On Monday morning we drove to the beach to take a walk. That was so fun, we ended up doing that every other day that we were in town. Monday we also went shopping and Mom and I both got some new shirts. My mom got some for me as an early birthday present. On Tuesday we got to go to the Cape Henry Lighthouse and the sight of the First Landing. It was neat to see the memorial cross that marks the spot where settlers first landed before heading up the James River and setting up the first permanent settlement in Jamestown.

Wednesday we got to go on a cruise on the river from Norfolk and go past the Naval Base and see the ships. My brother Dave asked us to get him an aircraft carrier. Mom was going to bring that home in her suitcase! :) Next to the cruise was also a museum were we got to tour an battleship. It was pretty cool... I just wish I could post my pictures.

On Thursday I drove my parents up to meet my Aunt and Uncle. My parents stayed with them for a few days while I went to Girl's Camp. I worked with crafts at camp and was able to spend most of the time in the air conditioned lodge. It was fun to make new friends and spend some time with the girls that I work with in Young Womens.

On Saturday when camp was over I drove up to DC area and joined my parents at Brian and Faye's. It was fun to spend some time with them and some of my cousins. We enjoyed talking and playing some games. On Sunday after church we had lunch and then we had to head out. Scott was by himself since he had to work all day Saturday so I was excited to get home and see him again.

The next few days we mostly just hung out. We spent more time at the beach, did some more shopping, and even did some cleaning. On the last night we went and had dinner on the beach. Mom and Scott got seafood and Dad and I got steak. It was fun to be right on the beach for that. It was a really fun visit and I was sad when it was time for my parents to head home on Wednesday. It was fun to have someone to play with while Scott is at work all day.

I had fun yesterday when my cousin and her niece came down for a quick visit. We tried to go to the beach but it was too windy... there we sand in our eyes once we hit the boardwalk, before we even got to the sand. So we just went to the pool instead. The big pool was closed so we had to just sit in the baby pool. But at least it kept us cool. We came home and got cleaned up and took a nap and then headed to the mall to shop and see a movie. We saw The Proposal. It was pretty good. There were two questionable scenes, but for the most part was good. Liese and Sammy had to leave less than 24 hours after they got here, but it was still really fun to see them.

So that is the last two weeks... i can't believe how fast time has gone by... can it really be August already? Well at least we are having fun!

3 comments:

Erin said...

REBECCA! I just noticed the countdown on your page - CONGRATS!!! When are you due?!?!?!

Clint.Nicole.Ryann.and James said...

I just saw your count down on the side of you page....CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That is so exciting for you guys.

lindsey said...

I also just noticed the countdown on your blog!! Congratulations!!! What exciting news!