10 years ago
Tuesday, June 23, 2015
Update
I guess it is about time to post an update. We started taking all the drugs last Saturday, about 10 days ago. The first 6 days I would take 5 vials of drugs and mix them together... Which means I take the fluid in one vial and put it into the powder to make it dissolve 5 times. In the last vial I got to add another drug and then I would give myself a shot in the belly. It was nice those first few days to only be poked once. I was also going in for blood draws and ultrasounds about every other day. Then last Friday I added another drug, so now their are two shots and I'm going in for an ultrasound and blood draw everyday. They are watching the follicles in the ovaries grow and are trying to pick when they will be able to get the most eggs. When they are ready we will give a trigger shot to make the eggs release 36 hours after the shot... And they go in at 35 hours and take the eggs themselves. We have been told the last few dad that we look about ready to trigger but they keep pushing it back. I kinda wish that we could trigger already, especially since the drugs are about $350 a day.... But I know they are doing what will produce the most eggs and give us the most chances for success... I think today is the last day... I have an ultrasound and blood draw in about an hour and a half.... That means the egg retrieval will hopefully be on Thursday and then the eggs will probably be put back in on Sunday... Then we wait two weeks.... It is coming and working. It really isn't that bad... Just lots of shots and blood draws... And I don't have to stress about it working this time because we have extra tries. Last Friday our doctor didn't think we would get many eggs... So it is nice that we are waiting because we are getting more eggs... It is just a long emontional process. Mostly I am doing good but I do have my moments..... Friends and family have been great to help out with Adam during my appointments and Scott has been a rock star helping with the injections and coming to appointments with me... I do have so much to be grateful for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment