Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Jamestown

We spent Friday going to Jamestown and Yorktown. It was fun to see those sights. I especially got excited at Jamestown since I taught that at Orem Jr. I took a ton pictures so that if I teach 8th grade next year I can put together a powerpoint to show the beginning of our country! Here is a picture coming up to the fort!



We also got to go to the ships that were used by the early settlers. Here is Lanae and me on board one of the ships. Here is Lanae on another ship.


We were on this ship with a bunch of kids on a field trip. They were a little annoying, but the guide that was on the ship was even more annoyed. He was kinda scary in telling the kids to behave and not pull on things that they didn't know what they did. Lanae had fun with this cannon and DaNae is showing off the size of the beds. All of the bed were so small and there weren't that many of them. It seems that only the crew got to sleep in the beds, the passengers were just baggage... That made the car seem huge from our cross country trip, especially since we had nice people to stay with every night and it was only three days with a house ready for us when we arrived.



Here is the picture of the church inside the fort. It was kinda funny. When I got home that night I started looking through some of my teaching materials and I had a map of the ships and of Jamestown and how everything was laid out. It was cool to realize that I had just seen it all.



This was inside one of the Indian houses that were set up on the site. We were a little freaked out by all of the animals that were around but it was still really cool.

1 comment:

allex.m said...

Yes, you did teach that at Orem Junior! I remember :D