Wednesday, June 25, 2008

St. Thomas

Wednesday was our day in St. Thomas. I walked with Dave and Tammy and Mom and Dad to the shops when we got off the ship. We walked around for a bit and then Mom and Dad had to leave for their excursions. We found a shop that sold all Pirate stuff and Tammy and I got a picture with the pirate there! After a little more shopping Dave and Tammy left with their friend Kristin and her husband to snorkeling in St. Johns. I got to talk to Scott on the phone a bit since we were in a US territory and do a little bit more shopping. I got myself some color changing nail polish and Scott a T-Shirt. I also picked out some gifts for the Goodman kids for mom. There was a little market place where there was some nice stuff for cheap and it was really fun to do some shopping.

I enjoyed the walk back to the ship. It was fun to have some time to myself. I really enjoyed being on the ship because it was so empty! I had lunch and then found a place to lay out with a book. I slept a little bit too. It drizzled on me a few times, but it was just such a beautiful day. I would start to get to hot and then the breeze would pick up or a little rain would fall... It was perfect!


The ship soon began to get crowded again and I figured that I should go and see who I could find around. When I found mom and showed here the necklace that I got for Emily we decided to get back off the ship for a bit and see if we could find another one like it. The shop that I got it at was too far away and was probably closed by then so we didn't go back there but we did have fun checking out the other shops right by the boat that we hadn't gone into before. We ran into Dan and Betsy and Matt and Jessica who were shopping before they had to get back on the boat. We had fun hanging out before it was time to reboard the boat and get ready for dinner.


Mom and I decided to dress up a little bit that night and we both looked cute! :) We then went to the top deck to watch as we pulled away from St. Thomas. We could see the lights from the town and then there were little blue lights from the docks and it was just so pretty. We found Grandpa and Grandma up there and had time to take a few pictures before dinner.



At dinner that night we had a fun time hanging out. That was the night that our waiters sang to Mom and Dad. We asked them to bring out her desert with the candle that we brought for Mom's sixtieth birthday. It was so fun to watch them lighting the candle behind mom's back and know that she didn't know what was about to happen to her! When the waiters asked what we were celebrating we said it was both a birthday and an anniversary since they are on the same day so dad got sung to too! We had the best waiter... Istvan from Romania. Dave really enjoyed that because he served his mission in Romania and he got to try and talk to him in Romania. We even got to see pictures of Istvan's wife and daughter! We looked forward to going to dinner and getting to see him every night!

1 comment:

allex.m said...

Sounds like you had a total blast! :) I'm glad you got to go have fun....AGAIN!