10 years ago
Sunday, July 5, 2015
Transfer
Well we did our embryo transfer on Tuesday. We had 4 good eggs and we had to decide to put in one or two.... After much thought and prayer we decided to put in 2. The transfer isn't too bad. They gave me a Valium.... Once you decide how many they take you into the room. They brought us a picture of our embryos. Once they were ready and I had a full bladder they cranked me open and inserted the eggs. They used ultrasound on the tummy to guide it to the right place... Then we went home and I rested at home the rest of the day. I tried to take it easy on Wednesday and then Thursday we drove down to Vegas to have a mini vacation with Scott's parents. We followed all the instructions we were given, stopping the car every 2 hours and walking around, taking things slowly. Once in Vegas I didn't ride anything because it might be jerky... So Adam went with grandma and grandpa on the monorail and the Ferris wheel.... We had fun but we tried to take it easy. I had some spotting on Saturday, yesterday and my emontions went out of control. It seems to be less today but I still have my defenses up and am assuming it didn't work... I've cried but I also know that this is why we paid for multiple cycles and we have 2 frozen ones ready for our next try. I think it is just weird now.... I've been going through his every month for 8 years, minus the time I was pregnant and then we waited 6 months on doctor orders.... In the beginning I was excited and expecting something each time... But it never came so I stopped keeping track and learned that it probably wasn't going to happen... We went to doctors and no one could tell us what was wrong so I stopped having expectations.... Finally after years and many doctors we finally find out what's wrong and that it is an amazing miracle that we have a child... That now our only option is IVF... Well here we are and I finally have some kind of hope each time.... But no matter how good science is they can't to better than about a 30% chance each time.... With 2 embryos I guess we upped it a bit.... But it still Amy take time. I know that. Our answer isn't no yet.... It still could happen but I guess I'm bracing for that disappointment again because that is pretty much all I know how to feel.... Hey even when we took the pregnancy test with Adam it wasn't until I was almost 2 weeks late... And right now I have a lot of drugs running through me... Plus the usual emontional hormones... This has been hard and the road ahead will still be hard I'm sure... But I do have faith in Gods plan and somehow I know things will work out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Oh Becky, having gone through MUCH infertility and preg losses, I just ache for you right now... and praying so hard that you have peace and comfort through YOUR journey. It is such a hard road. ((HUGS))
Becky, I know this journey has been hard for you guys but I want you to know that I know you haven't been on it alone. At those moments that you feel like no one understands what you're going through, remember that your Savior does. And remember that those of us that don't actually understand are still with you and you are in our thoughts and prayers. We love you guys! Wish we lived closer so we could see you more often! Don't hesitate to call if you ever just need someone to talk to! You have more people on your side than you realize. Stay close to the Lord and things will work out as He planned and His plan is always designed to ultimately make you happy.
Post a Comment